Welcome to Berg River Resort
Berg River Resort is an 11-hectare oasis located along the banks of the Berg River in the Western Cape. We share our home with various bird species that breed on the banks of the river and fish in our waters. Berg River Resort is centrally situated in the picturesque, Cape Winelands, 60km northeast of Cape Town between Paarl & Franschhoek. We are surrounded by the beautiful Stellenbosch, Jonkershoek and Klein Drakenstein Mountain range and world-renowned Wine Estates and many places of interest to visit. Berg River Resort was established by the family for families.
We offer various types of accommodation to suit camping, for campers within the Western Cape and South Africa. We have 15 open-planned and larger family chalets as well as 180 campsites with their own powerpoints, partly shaded caravan sites and our self-sufficient bush camp for stargazers.
We welcome day visitors and have designated grassy areas near the swimming pool where they can braai or picnic and enjoy what the resort has to offer.
Facilities include a Large 3,5m deep Swimming pool, a Splash Pool for toddlers, a Waterslide ( SuperTube), Jungle Gym, lawned Volleyball net, Roller Skating Rink, Tennis Wall, Birdwatching, Swimming, Fishing, Trampolines, Putt-Putt, Pool Table, Tubes to enjoy floating down the river.
We have a Café, that stocks braai accessories and wood, basic groceries, take-away meals, ice, cool drinks and treats. There is also an adult area with pool tables at the Café.
Berg River Resort also offers catering for various functions by prior arrangement. Our Resort is the perfect place to visit for a family braai, picnic, school outing, birthday celebration or a team-building event.
“The River Spa” opened its doors in 2021 and offers guests and visitors a variety of relaxation and beauty treatments, skin care products and gift vouchers.
Berg River Resort offers a family orientated breakaway in a beautiful, natural setting and for the comfort and relaxation of all our visitors, we have a “no music” policy.
Berg River Resort has 15 Self Catering Chalets. Our Chalets are on the banks of the Berg River. A and B-style chalets with various layouts. An A-style chalet has 2 bedrooms with an open-plan kitchen/ lounge. A B-style is an open-plan layout
Berg River Resort has 180 partially grassed stands for caravans and tents, most of which have 15amp electrical outlets as well as a self-sufficient Bush Camp
A – Style Chalets
Family chalet sleeps 2 adults & up to 3 or 4 children. 2 Bedrooms with an open-plan kitchen and lounge.
B – Style Chalets
The Family chalet sleeps 2 adults and up to 2 children. Open-plan room with seperate bathroom.
Berg River Resort has 180 partially grassed, electrified stands for caravans and tents, as well as a self-sufficient Bush Camp
Bergriver Resort has a very large 3.5m deep swimming pool
Berg River Resort has a putt-putt course
Bring your Roller skates, Skateboard and Rollerblades and come enjoy our skating area.
Berg River Resort has a fun waterslide/SuperTube
Day Visitor Information
- Day visitor rates for the whole year is R100pp and R100 per vehicle during school holidays and peak holiday periods like Easter
- In Season: From the 25th of December to the 5th January , R120pp and R120 per vehicle.
- Day visitors to resort guests pay the same day visitor rate.
- Children 3 years and above pay full price.
- Times: Gates open at 8:00 and day visitor vacation time is 17:45 for 18:00.
- Families & couples only
- No taxis
- No drop-offs
- Busses and groups by prior arrangement
- No alcohol, bottles or any glassware allowed around the swimming pool or the river.
- Right of admission is reserved
Day Visitors Facilities
Facilities included in price:
- Swimming pools
- Jungle gyms
- Braai areas
- Volleyball net (Bring own ball)
- Roller-skating area (Bring own roller-skates)
- Tennis practice wall (Bring own equipment)
- Animal farmyard
Facilities excluded in price:
- Boats, canoes, and tubes available to rent from shop
- Die Winkel Cafe
- Waterslide & Mini Golf
- These facilities are open during the Summer school holidays and weekends in the months from October to May.